Elder-Corps is …
an international educational and service organization dedicated to:
• Providing GenXers, Boomers, Elders and members of younger generations with the opportunity to expand their knowledge and invest their wisdom, experience and talents in global projects that can contribute to a world of greater peace, prosperity and sustainability, as well as for their own well-being.
• Creating an age-friendly world committed to expanding an earth based consciousness that honors the wisdom and experience of the elders and include this as an essential component in the decision making process of our time.
• Building bridges of understanding and collaboration between the generations through the execution of projects and initiatives that help to ensure the evolution of a world in which everyone thrives and has the opportunity to live the dreams they have come here to contribute.
• Contributing to the common good by informing, educating, inspiring and engaging its staff, ambassadors, and volunteers in
a wide range of work/study projects that contribute to uncovering practical and achievable solutions that meet the needs and enrich and empower people everywhere.
• Participating in continuous learning, honoring the diverse cultural traditions of the people they support, practicing the tenets of conscious living and wise aging, and demonstrating the responsibilities and values of the new global consciousness and citizenship which celebrate and promote conscious living and wise aging.
Create pathways for those entering life’s third chapter to learn, and invest their practical experience and hard won wisdom to contribute to the greater good.
• Expand an earth based consciousness that honors the wisdom and experience of the Elders as an essential component in the decision making process of our time with an aim of returning humanity to the cycle of Earth’s life.
• Build new forms of global community rooted in Earth-based wisdom’s values of harmony and sustainability
• Provide opportunities for cross- generational mentoring and learning.
• Introduce earth-based healing to help the elderly, veterans and youth to overcome addiction and trauma.
• Create grassroots initiatives to engender sustainable change that will empower individuals and communities.
• Execute service projects that foster a world where everyone can thrive and contribute.
These and other goals help to establish a sustainable foundation for now and future generations.